August 29, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until September 26, 2019
GET TOGETHER AT GALLAGHER WAY ON THURSDAY NIGHTS FOR FRENCH MARKET
French Market is the place to be on warm summer nights in Chicago. With its casual, European flair and wide variety of vendors – from macaroons to handmade pastas, imported cheeses, flowers, candles, soaps and more, French Market will become your Thursday meeting spot.
Perfect for girlfriends, date night, post-work drinks, or for grabbing a bundle of fresh flowers, French Market is open to the neighborhood as a gathering spot to mingle, shop and embrace the cool, casual style this night market radiates.
We encourage you to bring your own tote to stock up on favorites each week, purchase a glass of wine (or two!) and pair it with your favorite discoveries. Spread your blanket on the grass or pick a patio table to sit back and enjoy the live music and chef demonstrations each week!
Each market will have 20+ vendors offering options for you to taste, sip, shop and enjoy!
A few of the vendors you can expect include:
- French baked goods such as croissants, bread and cookies
- Smoothies and juices crafted to your taste
- Roasted and whole bean coffee and teas
- Freshly made, small batch dumplings
- French pastries, including macaroons
- Fresh, seasonal produce and plants
- Gourmet flavored pastas and pasta sauces to take home
- Variety of cheeses to nibble and enjoy with a glass of wine
- Jarred pickles and pepper jams
- Fresh flowers from the Flowers for Dreams truck to take home each week
- All-natural dog treats and chews for your pup to enjoy
- Artisan jewelry, pottery, handmade decor, soaps, essential oils and more!
SEE BELOW FOR THE FULL LIVE MUSIC SCHEDULE AND THE 6:30 P.M. CHEF DEMONSTRATION FOR EACH THURSDAY NIGHT!
- July 11: Live music by Bowmanville and a chef demonstration from Tony Mantuano and Aaron Thebault of Maddon’s Post
- July 18: Live music by Pat Mckillen and a Wine 101 demonstration from Alex Reed of Mordecai
- July 25: Live music by Todd Kessler Band and a Bread Education demonstration from Greg Wade of Publican Quality Bread and James Beard’s Outstanding Baker 2019 Please note: Wade’s demo will begin at 6 p.m.
- August 1: Live music by Tom Holland & The Shuffle Kings and a biscuits & jam cooking demo from Chef Aaron Thebault of Maddon’s Post
- August 8: Live music by Al Rose Band and a Beer 101 demonstration from Lucky Dorr
- August 15: Live music by Spare Parts and a Lollipop Lamb Chops chef demonstration from Budweiser Brickhouse Tavern.
- August 29: Live music by The Hoyle Brothers and a “How to clean, tie, and roast herb rubbed Porchetta” chef’s demo from Marque Collins of Dutch & Doc’s.
- September 5: Live music by Don Stiernberg Trio. Stay tuned for chef demonstration information!
- September 12: Live music by Enrique Calderon and a Mexican cuisine demonstration from the masterminds of Big Star
- September 26 Live music by Cowboy Jesus & The Sugar Bums followed by Railheart. Stay tuned for chef demonstration information!
ABOUT BENSIDOUN, INC. Rolland Bensidoun, like his father and grandfather before him, began managing open-air markets in and around France. For almost 60 years, Rolland has expanded his operation to over 80 markets throughout France and the metropolitan area, introducing his sons, Pascal and Sebastien, to the business. In 1996, The Bensidouns decided to expand outside of Europe to develop the French Market in the United States and bring to it its expertise and resources, as well as touch of Parisian color.